Shipping & Returns
We use UPS Ground to ship cupolas with bases up to 24 inches. Cupolas 30” and larger must be shipped via motor freight carrier due to small parcel carrier size and weight restrictions.
Cupolas 18” – 36” are typically produced, packaged and shipped within 1-2 weeks. 42” – 72” may require an extra week. Please understand that these are approximate times due to the fact that each cupola is hand crafted and production loads can vary. Your order is important to us and we will do our very best to deliver your cupola in a timely manner. If you face a more pressing construction schedule, please email us your with your timeframe and we will determine if we can meet your deadline with expedited production and rushed shipping. We will also provide you with a quote for any additional charges that might be incurred.
Because we ship factory direct to you, we rarely have problems with our products. However, if your cupola arrives damaged or defective in some way, we will make every effort to resolve your issue promptly and fairly.
Any cupola return requires a Return Approval Authorization Number from our manufacturer (Ridge Craft, LLC) prior to the item being returned. Returns must be reported within 30 days of order receipt. Please inspect all items immediately upon receipt. All returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee with the exception of shipping damage & manufacturing flaws.
Return Authorization and Instructions
Before returning any cupola or cupola accessory, you must get a
- Return Merchandise Authorization Number (RMA)
- Return Instructions from Ridge Craft.
All returns must be reported within 30 days of order receipt.
- Inspect all items immediately upon receipt.
- All returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee with the exception of shipping damage or manufacturing flaws.
When Your Cupola Arrives:
- Immediately inspect all packages for any visible or concealed damage.
- Do not sign for receipt prior to careful and thorough inspection.
- Before you sign a delivery receipt, clearly note visible damages on the receipt. If possible take a picture of that original delivery receipt with you notes along with pictures of any obvious damage.
- If for any reason you can not inspect package at delivery please write the words: “Subject to Inspection” on the delivery receipt and inspect thoroughly as soon as possible.
- Do not refuse shipment
- Retain all packaging material
- Contact us immediately to report damage
We will take full responsibility in the claim & replacement, repair, return, etc. when exterior, evident damage is noted at delivery and reported within 5 days. Internal, concealed damages must be reported within 10 days.
We may take only partial responsibility if noted damages are reported within 11-15 days.
We do not accept any damage claims if noted damages are reported after 15 days.
Motor Freight Delivery
Please see Shipping Cupolas by Motor Freight Carrier for detailed information and instructions.
WHITEHALL PRODUCTS SHIPPING FOR WEATHER VANES AND OUTDOOR ACCESSORIES
At this time we ship Whitehall Products to the United States addresses only. We do not offer International Shipping.
As most Whitehall products are handmade upon order, they typically ship, unless otherwise noted, within 2 weeks via Fed-Ex ground.
Whitehall Item Return Policy
We will replace all defective items or items damaged during shipment at no charge. A Return Goods Authorization Number is required prior to returning your defective item.
To request a Return Goods Authorization Number contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Non-defective Non-personalized items may be returned for credit of the item only, less a 15% re-stock fee and freight. Products and packaging not in original condition will not be accepted for return. Items eligible for return must be initiated within 30 days from the order delivery date.
Cancellations are not executed until The Lake Burton Trading Post confirms an order has not been processed or shipped. Once we confirm an order has been canceled, credit will be issued to the original form of payment.